Our bodies try to maintain an ideal alkaline state for us to be at our healthiest.
And yet, there is a wide range of food and drinks out there which are overly acidic and disturb our body’s pH balance. Sadly, they are usually things we consume on a regular basis.
9 Best Alkaline Foods to Detox and Remove Acids From the Body
Credit:thinkhealthybehealthy.org
So it’s no wonder that in this day and age most of us tend to be more acidic than alkaline.
And that is no laughing matter since it high levels of acidity can lead to an endless array of problems.
At the tip of the iceberg, there’s inflammation, the accumulation of toxins, lowered immune system and even our organs become more vulnerable.
But it’s not all doom and gloom, dear readers, as studies have shown that, just like there are foods which are acidic for our bodies, there are those who have the exact opposite effect.
And that’s the effect we should be aiming for: alkalizing our systems.


They undo all the side effects of the acidic foods, like reducing inflammation removing toxins, cleansing your system and making sure it functions properly.
That’s why it’s so important to adopt a healthy diet based on alkaline foods.
To make things easier for you, we’ve provided you with a list of the 9 best alkaline foods out there.
1. Almonds
Almonds are considered a superfood because of the numerous health benefits they provide. Besides being alkaline they also contain lots of beneficial nutrients and plant-based fatty acids.
They can promote proper brain function, they make your hair and skin healthier and can help you reduce bad cholesterol while increasing muscle mass which is excellent if you are trying to lose weight.
2. Cucumbers
Cucumbers are excellent for cleaning and actively removing accumulated acid and toxins from your body. In many cases, cucumbers have been shown to be an effective treatment for removing uric acid, resulting in better health. Since it aids in urine secretion, cucumbers are considered a natural diuretic. Cucumber juice is extremely effective for conditions caused by excessive uric acid in the body.
3. Plum Tomato
Plum tomatoes reduce the incidence of urinary tract infections, as well as bladder cancer. This is because plum tomatoes are high in water content, which can stimulate urination, so tomatoes are a diuretic in certain ways. This increases the elimination of acid from the body.
4. Grapefruits
You can enjoy all the benefits of grapefruit whether you eat the fruit or drink the juice. Grapefruit cleanses the excess fats and toxins from the body while boosting the metabolism.
Even though it tastes acidic, grapefruit is actually an alkaline fruit that is low in sugar which helps balance the pH levels of the body. It is also rich in vitamin C which will boost your immunity.
5. Key limes
This citrus fruit is also very rich in vitamin C which is beneficial for the removal of toxins, acids and bacteria in the urinary tract as well as uric acid.
Uric acid can be the cause of severe pain. However, key limes have strong anti-inflammatory and cleansing properties which can help you remove uric acid from your body to reduce the symptoms it causes.
6. Lemons
Lemons are another fruit that is rich in vitamin C which can cleanse the entire body including the digestive tract. Just like grapefruits, lemons are also very alkaline even though they taste acidic.
They have been used since ancient times as a treatment for numerous issues and infections including flu. Lemons are also beneficial during the weight loss process because of the low sugar content.
7. Basil
The title of “king of herbs” was attributed to him for being full of nutrients that the organism normally needs. It is an Italian herb rich in vitamin K, omega-3 fatty acids, iron, calcium, vitamin C and more. All these properties are fantastic to detoxify the body by decreasing acid levels and even to fight the compounds that cause kidney stones.
8. Cantaloupes
They are from the same melon family, therefore, they have a lot of water, beta-carotene, phytochemicals and vitamin B, which help the body to fight and completely remove excess toxins and acids. In addition, it helps the immune system make white blood cells, in order to maintain toxic substances and balance the body’s alkaline levels.
9. Cabbages
These leafy greens can boast with an abundance of roughage and magnesium.
These two nutrients do wonders for our immunity, digestive system, and alkalinity, helping us restore a proper balance.
The fact that it is also abundant in fibers and so low on calories makes it the ideal food to add to anyone’s diet.
Share To:

Post A Comment:

7 comments so far,Add yours

  1. ARE YOU AWARE THAT MODERN NATURAL HERBAL MEDICINES OF THIS GENERATION NOW PERMANENTLY CURE DRUG RESISTANT DISEASES LIKE; HSV/HERPES, CANCERS, HIV/AIDS FOREVER WITHOUT A POSSIBLE COME BACK OR AFTER EFFECTS?
    It wonderfully worked for me;
    At first I was a bit skeptical about this Natural cure for herpes and other similar medicines. Discovering people with similar symptoms who are treated and cured by Dr Utu both on medias and in social medias on daily basis motivated me, so I contacted him for help!
    At first, I was a bit curious about this possible cure, but! I don't want to be left out without giving it a trial, so I contacted him as well.
    Some hours later he replied me, then he asked me some private questions, of which I honestly answered, I told him how I have lived and suffered with this disease and how much I will do anything to get rid of it. He assured me of total cure after taking his herbal medicines. It was even more easier than I expected. Also I never even imagined to get my parcels within five working days, but to my greatest surprise my parcels was brought to my doorstep by the end of the second day. I collected the parcel which I followed all the instructions as he had directed. Just as I was told "four weeks medication " my medicine finished in four weeks exactly. From week one of my medication I started noticing positive change in health. and in week two I could tell much more differences and I was so eager to even testify of life again in me.
    I patiently continue medication till the last bottle which was then week four. I was the first person the next day in the clinic for lab test. Not even a particle of herpes was found in my system when I collected my result. Knowing I'm now herpes negative at this point I proceeded to inform my doctor, he doubted me, that day he gave me a month appointment to be closely monitored. It's my health so I waited more six Months and again i went for 'lab test' in a different clinical lab.
    This time the result was still the same as the previous one. Also since this year I have been living my normal life and am still herpes free no symptoms and even till now no cold sore or outbreak. As a result of this herbal cure in my life and my family at large, I can boast of doctors today who through me, now uses African Traditional Roots and Herbs to TREAT AND CURE patients that are, CANCERS, HERPES, PARALYSIS, and HIV successfully today. Many are still ignorant of this I know.
    Contact Dr Utu directly today on; "drutuherbalcure@gmail.com" to free yourself from emotional stress and become healthy again

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Want To Appreciate Dr.OYAGU for hs great deeds, I Was Diagnosed With type 2 Herpes Virus Last year,And Was Look For Solution To Be Cured Luckily I Saw Testimonies On How Dr.OYAGU Cure Herpes Virus I Decided To Contact Dr.OYAGU I Contacted Him He Prepared A Herbal Medicine Portion And Sent It To Me,I Started The Herbal Medicine For My Health.He Gave Me Step By Step Instructions On How To Apply It, When I Applied It As Instructed, I Was Cured Of This Deadly Herpes Within 2 weeks, I Am Now Herpes Negative.My Brother And Sister I No That There Are So Many People That Have There Same Herpes Virus Please contact Dr OYAGU To Help You Too,And Help Me To Thank Dr.OYAGU For Cure Me, I’m Cured By Dr. OYAGU Herbal Medicine,His Contact Email:oyaguspellcaster@gmail.com

    Or Cell Whatsapp Number +2348101755322 thank you .....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good day viewers, i was diagnosed of herpes virus in 2017, I have tried all possible means to get cure but all my effort proved abortive, until a friend of mine introduced me to a herbal doctor called Dr Aliaro, who prepare herbal remedy to cure all kind of diseases including herpes virus (Herpes), when i contacted this herbal doctor via his email, he sent me his medication via courier service, when i received the herbal remedy he gave me step by step instructions on how to apply it, when i applied it as instructed i was totally cured from the virus within 3 weeks of usage. Contact this great herbal doctor today to get your cure. Via Email : draliarohomeofgrace@gmail.com or Whats App him: +2347038729039.

    ReplyDelete
  4. FINALLY FREE FROM HERPES VIRUS
    I thought my life had nothing to offer anymore because life became meaningless to me because I had Herpes virus, the symptoms became very severe and bold and made my family run from and abandoned me so they won't get infected. I gave up everything, my hope, dreams,vision and job because the doctor told me there's no cure. I consumed so many drugs but they never cured me but hid the symptoms inside me making it worse. I was doing some research online someday when I came across testimonies of some people of how Dr ehiaguna cured them from Herpes, I never believed at first and thought it was a joke but later decided to contact him on the details provided and when I messaged him we talked and he sent me his herbal medicine and told me to go for a test after two weeks. Within 7 days of medication the symptoms disappeared and when I went for a test Lo and behold I was NEGATIVE by the Doctor Who tested me earlier. Thank you Dr ehiaguna because I forever owe you my life and I'll keep on telling the world about you. If you are going through same situation worry no more and contact Dr ehiaguna via drehiaguna@gmail.com or WhatsApp him via +2348073908953 he is good too to cure all type of disease and virus.1 HIV cure
    2 cancer
    3 diabetes
    4 hepatitis
    5 herpes.
    You can contact if you are having any problem...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would recommend my profile is important to me, I invite you to discuss this topic... ProbioLite Golden After 50

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have read your article; it is very informative and helpful for me. I admire the valuable information you offer in your articles. Thanks for posting it. ProbioLite Golden After 50

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thankyou for this wondrous post, I am glad I observed this website on yahoo. anti parasite herbsanti parasitic foods

    ReplyDelete